Fix Canon Printer Printing Blank Pages
The Canon printer is almost always a useful addition to your home or office environment, both. It is suitable to work very well under different spaces. A lot of types of printers are available as well for you to pick from.
However in a lot of cases certain problems arise with respect to the Canon printer. This is not a situation to worry as it can be soon fixed. In fact it is a rather common issue which is faced in the case of Canon printers and needs to be addressed to certain points and options to either correct it on your own. You also have the option to contact with technicians through the website of Canon and then contact them to fix problems if more of them arise. But in most cases the below article and the descriptions along with it will help you remedy the situation.
Why is my Canon Printer Printing Blank Pages?
It is important in these cases to decipher the reason behind why the printer is printing blank pages. This will help in fixing the problem faster. Thus, the first step what a person must do is to find out the reason behind the Canon printer printing blank pages in the process of finding out how to fix it.
- An important reason and the most obvious one could be the fact that there is no ink in the printer or the cartridge is empty. In this case you will have to replace the ink and cartridge soon for the printer to start printing again.
- Another reason why your Canon printer is printing blank sheets could be because the printing sheets placed in the printing tray are not proportionate to the size. If this happens, the printer either does not print or starts printing blank. Make sure your pages match the size of your printing tray.
- There could also be a block in the cartridge which is not allowing the printer to print with ease. This could be because of a vacuum created there.
- Sometimes when the amount of ink in the printer is not a lot, even then the device starts to print blank pages instead.
- There could be an issue with the downloaded software driver. The printer’s downloaded software could either be the wrong one downloaded, or might be some error in its functioning.
- While the software could be checked first and is also easier to check, if the software does not reveal any issues then you could check hardware also. The printer hardware may be causing printing errors.
How can I fix my Canon printer printing blank pages?
Re-install printer driver or update the software
Your printer driver could be causing errors in your Canon printer printing blank sheets. This could be because the wrong software is installed or either it is not functioning properly.
In case of the first problem, you have to downloaded the correct software. In the second case, make sure that you go to the device manager on your computer. Within device manager, then go into the printer driver option from there. Once you right click on this then you will get the option of updating your software driver. Once you click on this, the process to update this will start on your computer. Wait for it to get completed, then install the process.
Fix the ink or cartridge
Make sure that the printer does not have a low level of ink on it. If this is the case, you can replenish the cartridge. This will also fix the Canon printer printing blank pages.
Check the printer environment
If a printer has not been in use for a long period of time, it could lead it to print blank pages. Make sure you place it in a cool environment and operate it.
The basic cleaning must be done
Again due to lack of usage, cartridges may become clogged leading to blank printing. Regular cleaning helps prevent this.
Go over the printer settings again
Make sure you go to Start and open the settings option. Then go to devices and printers. Once you select printing preferences from there, and then go to maintenance, go over to extended settings.
Then click on ok and try checking if the printing settings are remedied. ”
Also Read :