Among the many printer problems which the Canon printers face is also the Error Code 5100. While it does not account for a large quantity of errors, it is still something which does keep happening. This is why it is important that you learn how to deal with a situation like this, should a printer error get the better of you. Then you can solve the Error Code 5100 as easily as is listed in the various options given below as well. Make sure to read all of them and then apply them to your particular case, depending on the option as well.
- One of the most basic reasons why this error happens is because the parts of the printer were not put together in a proper manner. When we purchase a printer in the beginning, some parts do not come attached from the very beginning.
- These are the parts which you have to put into the printer with the help of the manual which you also get at the time of purchase. So make sure you go back to the printer manual and learn to attach the separate parts properly. This might fix your Error Code 5100.
- another problem which could be causing the Error Code 5100 is probably that the ink tray is not attached properly, the printer has run out of ink etc. for these issues make sure you change the peripherals and the ink just when the printer starts to print its words in a more faint color. This will help you avoid further issues too.
- a paper logjam could also be causing this particular error. So ensure you line your papers well when you place them in the tray. Make sure that when you are unpacking your printer, there is no external paper which is left inside as well.
- You can also go ahead and make sure the settings of the printer are put back to the default, as certain problems can be cured with the help of this as well. Check for whether you have been cleaning your printer properly too.
- A lot of times, printers cause errors because there is too much dust in them for them to work properly. For this, get all of it cleaned out professionally if it is too extreme, however you could try attempting a clean up on your own too. Then give the printer a few hours to breathe before you can use it again.
- remove and delete all the queues or printing line ups which have been put out by you previously. Clear the cache and you can start to give more printing instructions later. Sometimes an over line-up of the tasks in the printing queue is also something which could later cause issues and errors for your printer.
- 8.However, lastly if none of the above options are seeming to work for you then make sure you call tech support about it.