IJ Start Canon Setup
Canon is famous for its highly reliable, versatile, and All-in-One printers. These printers are user-friendly, easy to use, and anyone can easily process the IJ Start Canon Setup steps. It offers a wide range of printers according to user requirements, which makes it stand apart from other organizations. It has designed cloud-ready printers that allow users to connect their cloud storage and print the documents easily. Multifunctional peripherals enhance the productivity of the Canon Printer. You can also monitor the printer functions using several printer management software built for computers, such as Canon IJ Scan Utility, Canon IJ Network Tool, Canon Printer Utility, IJ Start Canon, Canon Network Scanner Selector EX, etc.
What are IJ Start Canon Utilities?
IJ Printer Utility or IJ Scan Utility is software developed by Canon for making the printing and scanning jobs easy. It allows the user to scan documents and photos to the computer; wether it is running on Windows or Mac OS. This software automatically saves the scanned data to a default folder. It allows users to extract text from documents, attach files to an email, and browse through the folders of the computer
How to download IJ Scan Utility?
IJ scan utility has an auto-scan functionality that enables the printer or scanner to automatically detect the type of item placed on the Automatic Document Feeder or the platen glass.
1) Ensure to turn on your scanner or printer and keep it in the ready state. Place the document on the printed side on the platen.
2) Open the Canon IJ Scan Utility and then click on the Settings tab.
3) Select the Auto Scan option to designate the folder in which you want to save the scanned data.
4) Get back to the Home screen of the IJ Scan Utility and select the Auto icon option. Your scanner or printer will automatically start scanning your document.
5) The scanned data will save automatically in the folder.
Canon has introduced the IJ scan utility to the MP Driver Package. It is compatible with both Windows and Mac OS
Installation of the IJ Scan Utility
1) Visit the Canon official site, search for MP Driver for your printer, and then download it according to the configuration of your computer.
2) Locate the downloaded package and extract it.
3) Open the folder created after extracting the downloaded package and then find the file (.exe or .dmg) according to the OS of your computer.
4) Double-click on the application file to begin the installation process.
5) If prompted, click on the Run button.
6) Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the installation.
Steps for IJ Start Canon Setup
The IJ Start Canon Setup is easy and convenient as the IJ Scan Utility has distinct icons on the home screen for each setting. After installing the IJ Scan Utility, open it, and then manage the required settings.
1) Once you open the utility, the printer or scanner name will display on the top, so make sure that the utility is showing the correct scanner or printer. Ensure to choose the device that is named with the Network if you are using a network-connected printer. You can also change your printer name in the utility.
2) The Stitch option allows scanning an image larger than the platen. The left and right parts of the image will scan separately and then be merged to form the original image.
3) The Auto feature enables the user to perform a quick scan and save the scanned data to the designated folder on the computer. Choose either Photo or Document as what you want to scan.
4) You can modify the scan settings using the Scan Gear menu. The Scan Settings feature allows you to manage the settings for a particular scan job.