Canon Pixma Wireless Printer Setup
Canon Pixma Wireless Printer Setup allows to establish a connection between the printer and the computer using a wireless network. Connecting Canon Printer over a wireless network has the advantage of printing anywhere from any smart device. If you want to print a document from your smart device, select it, and print it in just a few seconds.
There are two techniques, namely as Standard Connection method and the WPS method to connect the Canon Printer over a wireless network.
Steps to Connect my Canon Pixma Printer to WiFi
1) Turn on the printer. To do this, press the Power button accessible on the top of the Control Panel.
2) Wait till the printer’s Control Panel displays.
3) Click on Maintenance after clicking on the Setup icon.
4) Select the Wireless LAN Setup option within the Maintenance menu.
5) Begin the connection process by clicking on the Access point.
6) From the list of available devices, select the Canon Printer option.
7) Enter the password.
8) When the connecting process completes, press OK.
9) Now, a message will appear that the printer has connected to the Access point.
10) Click on the Next option to install the driver.
11) Wait till the Setup Guide installation window opens.
12) The printer must be connect to the Access Point correctly to begin the installation process.
13) Choose the Place of residence option after selecting Next.
14) Modify the driver settings as per the requirements and click on the Next option.
15) Read and Agree to Terms and Conditions displaying on the screen.
16) Installation progress status will appear on the screen.
17) Click on Complete to close the installation process window.
18) The printer name will be displayed in the list of available devices after completing the installation process.
19) After a while, the printer will start printing a test page to check if the driver installation was successful.
Canon Pixma Wireless Printer Setup using the WPS method
1) First, ensure that the Access point has a physical WPS button, and your wireless network must have the Wi-Fi Protected Access or WPA2 security protocol.
2) Turn on the Canon Printer.
3) Press and hold the Wi-Fi button accessible on the Control Panel of the printer until the Power light starts to blink.
4) Press the Back button, and then press the Wi-Fi button to setup the Canon Pixma Wireless Printer.
5) Make sure that the Power light must blink slowly and the Wi-Fi lamp quickly.
6) Once both the lamps start to blink, then press the WPS button on the Access point within two minutes.
7) After pressing the WPS button on the Access point, the Wi-Fi lamp will start to blink in blue color.
8) When the lamps stop blinking, it means that the Canon Pixma Wireless Printer Setup is successful. After the successful connection of the printer to the wireless network, the Wi-Fi and Power lamp will remain stable.
9) Now your Canon Printer is ready to scan, print, copy, or fax after the completion of Canon Pixma Wireless Printer Setup process.
Canon Pixma Wireless Printer Setup using the Standard Connection (WPA2 Security Protocol) method
1) Press the Power button of the printer to switch it on.
2) Go to the Control Panel of the printer and press the Home button.
3) Choose the WLAN Setup option using the up and down arrow keys.
4) Press the Function button accessible on the left side of the Control Panel.
5) The Wi-Fi lamp will blink in blue color after establishing the connection.
6) Now, the Canon Printer will start to search its nearby available Access points.
7) Press and hold the Stop/Reset button for a short time.
8) Select the Standard Setup option and press the OK button.
9) The Canon Printer will search its nearby available wireless networks.
10) Choose the Access point using the arrow keys and then press OK.
11) Press the Left Function button to start the searching again if you are unable to find your wireless network.
12) Enter the Network Key of your wireless network. Ensure to enter the correct Network Key because it is case-sensitive.
13) Press done after entering the Network Key.
14) To complete the Canon Pixma Wireless Printer Setup process, press the Left Function button accessible on the Control Panel of the Canon Printer.