Connect HP Envy 5660 printer to Mac
There are only a few steps needed to connect HP Envy 5660 printer to Mac device. We have covered all the steps and will recommend you to follow them with proper care. These steps are enough to establish a connection between your Mac device and HP Envy 5660 printer.
Steps to Connect HP Envy 5660 Printer to Mac
- First thing first, you need to make sure that before you connect your printer to your Mac device, always use only the best available printer software from the manufacturer’s official website.
- Connect your printer to the power supply and connect it to the computer system.
- You can either use a USB cable or your local WiFi network connection for the same.
- You can install the HP printer driver using Apple Software Update.
- Next is to create a print queue on your Mac system.
- The Apple Software Update can download the printer drivers but it is also possible for you to download them manually either from the official website or from Apple Support.
- Now, go back to the Apple menu and click on system preferences.
- Hit on the Print & Fax or Print & Scan or Printers & Scanner tab.
- Check out the printers list, if your HP printer name is present there, then remove it and then re add it.
- This step is important to ensure connection and driver installation.
- Now, you have to highlight your printer.
- For that, click on the button (-) minus, this will remove the printer from the given list.
- Now, click on the button with (+) plus symbol to add it again to your Mac device.
- If, your printer name is not present in the given list, then click on Add Printer or Scanner.
- In case, if you are adding your HP Envy 5660 printer to the Mac device but it fails, then you have to review your printer connection.
- You can do so by pulling out the USB cable and then reconnecting it your Mac device.
- If you are using wireless connection, then make sure that both the printer as well as the Mac system is connected to the same wireless network.
- Now try an attempt to add the HP printer to Mac device by selecting “Use or Print Using” menu.
- Then, choose your printer name.
- If you see a pop up message on your Mac system for installing the software, then click on the download button and then on the Install button to finish software installation.
- If you get a message stating “Software is currently unavailable” then click on the cancel button.
- You can also install the printer drivers manually.
- Now, close the window of system preferences.
Now, try to print from your mac system.
Also Read :